Feb 9, 2009

bike land

Sculpture

i started by taking random things that were around me and gluing them together. i used paper, straws, cups, mulch, and coffee filters. a few sculptures that got me thinking. i like nature. i'm an outdoors kind of girl. and i tend to see a lot of "green" in my work. [flowers, plants, grass, birds, etc].





i also noticed my sculptures being very circular and linear. as i was playing around with straws and i started making a shape of a bike. bikes have become a new hobby in my life lately. it has its own little underworld culture and its something ive been trying to get into to in my spare time.

after a few tries, here is what i came up with.




might be hard to ride...

1 comment:

  1. in addition to posting the experiences, please make some connections to readings or larger ideas.

    ReplyDelete